Store display is a powerful means to shape the value of products. Taking the time to create different window displays, counters and other displays can attract more customers into the store, encourage customers to stay longer, extend in-store consumption time and provide customers with a pleasant consumption experience.
Different stores have different product display methods, but the basic types remain the same, mainly including front display, spot display, side display and stacking display.
Let’s see how display designers who earn 600,000 yuan a year actually display with these four methods!
1. Front display
- The quantity of front display clothing depends on the thickness of the clothing. Control the number between 4-5 pieces for regular clothing and between 3-4 pieces for thicker fall and winter clothing (or determine the quantity standard for hanging goods according to the length of the hanger).
- The color of the front display clothing should gradually change from outside to inside, from front to back, and from light to dark. The horizontal color change of the hanging clothes should follow the customer’s flow of vision, from outside the hall to inside, from light to dark.
- The front hanging clothes are one size smaller in the front and one size larger in the back. The hanger direction is always with the hanger opening facing left in a “?” shape facing the customer.
- Front display and image front display should have more inside and outside matching. The goods should be richer and not too monotonous. Goods with the same style, fabric and print should not be displayed repeatedly together.
2. Spot display
- Spot hanging clothes should be replaced immediately after selling out.
- Spot hanging clothes that have not been sold for a long time should be replaced as soon as possible.
- If some clothes are selling steadily and the inventory is sufficient, the spot display can be kept longer, just change the matching method to keep it fresh.
- When the brand releases a new design that is more popular, it needs to be replaced.
3. Side display
- Pay attention to even spacing between side hanging (including island) clothing. The distance between clothing should be maintained at 3-5 cm.
- Question mark principle: From the customer’s perspective when entering the hall from the entrance, the hanger hook gap of the hanging clothes should face inward or left.
- In the same display area, the hanging size sequence should be: from front to back, from small to large; from outside to inside, from small to large.
- Hanging items should be kept clean without wrinkles (ironing if necessary) and all pins removed.
- The side hanging clothes display should correspond to the adjacent front hanging clothes display. The overall feeling is brighter, dynamic and rhythmic.
- The colors of a set of side hanging displays should not exceed 3-4.
4. Stacking display
- According to the needs of the display, arrange the stacking display on the shelves, platforms or counters in the store to make the shelves appear rich and balanced.
- The stacking on the shelves requires 2-4 of the same style and color, and the stacking up and down should be the same size and thickness.
- The effective display height of stacking should be between 60cm and 180cm. Avoid stacking displays below 60cm, especially in dead corners and dark corners of the store. The display position of dark colored clothing can be changed frequently to avoid loss.
- The display on the platform and counter should reflect the added value and show different products that can be matched and sold.
- Near the stacking area, you should set up full-body or half-body models to display representative styles or display matching and matching effects, and configure promotional posters.
5. Other product matching displays
- Accessories: The key to displaying accessories is to show exquisite taste through details, so the tidying of accessory details is particularly important.
- Shoes: Shoe tags should be placed inside the shoes to keep clean. Transparent shoe pads should be attached to the soles. Shoelaces should be tied up and buckles buckled.
- Bags: Backpacks should be filled with padding to maintain their original appearance. Backpack straps should be tidy and tags should not be exposed. Packaging paper on buckles, zippers, etc. should be removed.
- Belts: Belts should be displayed without packaging. Belts displayed on accessory walls should maintain balance in length, width and quantity. It is suitable to display 2-4 belts in a hanger, narrow in front and wide in back, consistent or short in front and long in back.
- Scarves: They must be ironed flat. They can be displayed with models or front hanging, or hung on the accessory wall. Scarves and neckties hung on the accessory wall should use appropriate detailing techniques to enhance the display effect.
- Glasses, wallets, etc.: Pay attention to regular maintenance and cleaning. They can be displayed with models or front hanging, or placed on special accessory racks.
In clothing stores, these can all be used as accessories for matching displays. The key is to control the quantity and not overshadow the main products!
In an era that values appearance, effective and reasonable clothing display can appropriately show the characteristics, texture and concept of clothing, making the entire terminal vibrant.
But to achieve this effect, a process of continuous knowledge and practical accumulation is needed. Only when you have enough “goods” in your belly and hands can you create a truly “sellable” clothing display.
The display in the store is a powerful means to shape the value of products. Taking the time to create different window displays, counters and other displays can attract more customers into the store, encourage customers to stay longer, extend in-store consumption time and provide customers with a pleasant consumption experience.
Through the analysis of different product display methods, the article summarizes some techniques for clothing display that can sell, including front display, spot display, side display, stacking display and product matching display. The key is to make full use of sight, space, color, quantity, etc. Controlled display to achieve good results. At the same time, we should continuously strengthen our professional knowledge and hands-on ability in order to achieve a display that can truly sell.
In short, in the changing market environment, in order to achieve good sales performance, clothing stores need to keep improving their professional skills. Exquisite and reasonable clothing display is one of the important means to promote sales. I hope the display skills introduced in this article can provide some help for you!
Have you use these technic in your store? How do they perform? Please share your experience and opinions by leaving comments below.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest posts directly in your inbox!